Mazzei® Injectors are high-efficiency, Venturi-type, differential pressure injectors with internal mixing vanes. When a sufficient pressure difference exists between the inlet and outlet sides of the injector, a vacuum is created inside the injector body, which initiates suction of a liquid or gas through the suction port.
How a Mazzei® Injector Works
When pressurized water enters the injector inlet, it is constricted toward the injection chamber and changes into a high-velocity jet stream. The increase in velocity through the injection chamber results in a decrease in absolute pressure, creating a vacuum, thereby enabling an additive material to be drawn through the suction port and entrained into the water stream. As the jet stream is diffused toward the injector outlet, its velocity is reduced and it is reconverted into lower pressure energy.
Mazzei Injectors operate over a wide range of pressures and require only a minimal pressure differential between the inlet and outlet sides to initiate a vacuum at the suction port.
View Injector performance tables in US and metric. The performance tables are divided in two sections: liquid suction and gas suction.
|MODEL #||MALE TRHEAD (MNPT or BSPT)|
- Proven performance with years of expected service
- No electrical connections needed
- Can run dry with no problems
- Considerable cost savings versus other injection methods
- Safe to use as the chemicals are injected under vacuum, not pressure
- Injectors are available in natural PVDF or ECTFE (NSF-51 and FDA 177.2510 approved thermoplastics or stainless steel
- PVDF is an advanced thermoplastic that is superior to other types including PVC, Polypropylene, & Polyethylene
- Higher pressure and temperature handling capabilities
- Resistant to ozone
- Resistant to Chlorine, Sulfuric and Nitric Acids
- Better abrasion and wear resistance
- Sunlight (UV) resistant